As TSF is a volunteer organisation, we are always looking for creative and energetic people. You may be right for one of our projects, committees, have a specific skill or run a business that can help us.
In addition, TSF runs a number of reading and maths programmes within primary schools and there are more eager school children than we can accommodate. An hour a week from a volunteer has a tremendous impact on a child, their school and their family. Best of all the cost of the programme is nil and the reward is immeasurable.
You may only have a few hours a week to give, or you may be looking to get back into a more active working role. Our team has all types. Please contact us for further information.
Join a TSF committee
- Community Outreach – relationship management with schools and community centres to establish need and best way to help
- Development – fundraising, events, PR, marketing and communications to maintain relationships and raise funds
- Bursaries – selection of bursary candidates. Guiding prospective families through the application process
We coordinate volunteers to visit local primary schools in Battersea, Clapham, Fulham and Kensington to support reading skills. Our volunteers work with teachers to improve reading proficiency by committing to spend one to two hours per week reading with the children.
For more information to participate in this very worthwhile initiative please contact your reading co-ordinator and indicate your neighbourhood preference.
- Battersea – Marijke Rigby
- Clapham – Tori Friedlander
- Fulham – Amabel Harvey-Evers
- Kensington – Caroline Haas