TSF takes great pride in offering bursaries to a number of deserving pupils, irrespective of their family’s financial circumstances. Bursaries worth between 10% and 90% of fees are available for children to attend a Thomas’s London Day School. The amount depends on your income, assets and family circumstances. TSF also helps bursary recipients with additional costs such as uniform, books, school trips etc. (click on the link below for details).
Most pupils receiving a TSF bursary join Thomas’s in Year 7 and move to a senior school after two years. During those two years, senior Thomas’s staff and an experienced TSF schools advisor will guide parents through the process of choosing a suitable senior school and applying for a bursary at that school, if required. In exceptional circumstances, and with a recommendation from their primary school head teacher, younger pupils (Year 3 upwards) may be awarded a TSF bursary.
Please contact the TSF Administrator Lucy Horstead on 020 7978 0611. She will be pleased to help with any additional questions you may have.
HOW TO APPLY
- You must first be offered a place at a Thomas’s school. To apply for a place contact the registrar of the Thomas’s school you are interested in. The registrar will arrange a visit and an assessment if there are places available. Thomas’s Battersea and Thomas’s Clapham take children up to Year 8 (age 13). Thomas’s Fulham and Thomas’s Kensington take children up to Year 6 (age 11).
- On the school’s Registration Form, indicate that you will be applying for a bursary. Bursary applicants do not pay a registration fee.
- Please make sure you read the entire Bursary Application Form before you start completing it. Click here to download.
- Send the application form to:
Lucy Horstead, TSF Administrator, Holly House, Clandon Road, West Clandon, Surrey GU4 7TL
- The TSF Bursary Committee will read your covering letter, the completed application form and all the supporting documents regarding your family circumstances, your income and expenses.
- Next, two members of the committee may visit you at home to discuss your application. This is an opportunity for a better understanding of your situation and of your plans and hopes for the future.
- The Bursary Committee will then decide whether or not to make a recommendation to the Trustees of TSF.
- If the Trustees approve your application, a letter from the Chair of Trustees will explain what the bursary will cover, what the parents or guardians will be responsible for and the terms and conditions of the bursary.
It might take a while for your application to be processed, so please continue in the meantime with applications for other schools.