The Thomas’s Schools Foundation (TSF) is an independent charity providing educational and extracurricular opportunities for children in the local communities of the four Thomas’s London Day Schools (TLDS) in Battersea, Clapham, Fulham and Kensington. TSF is run by volunteers and is 100% reliant on donations.
TSF has two areas of focus:
- Identify, develop and support educational activities for local children. Our current education, art, drama, music and sport programmes touch the lives of over 4,000 school children in these communities.
- Provide funding for bursaries for children to attend a TLDS school. TSF has also provided over 39 means tested bursaries for children aged 7-13 to attend a Thomas’s London Day School.
TSF aims to:
- Build the self esteem of our local primary school aged children.
- Contribute to the development of their core skills such as reading and writing.
- Focus on developing these programmes to meet the greatest community needs.
The Foundation was founded in 1999 by parents of children attending TLDS with the encouragement of David and Joanna Thomas, the Founders of the Schools.